To date, the Foundation has provided funding for:
- Hotel costs for families to be with Troopers injured in the line of duty
- Awards recognizing DPS employees for valor and length of service
- Signage dedicating a south Texas highway to a Trooper killed in the line of duty
- Food and water for hundreds of personnel engaged in Operation Strong Safety along the south Texas border
The Foundation is here to help whenever needed and provides funding on a case-by-case basis.
- 2017-2018 Scholarship Information
- The 2017-2018 Academic Scholarship is now available! In order to be considered, applications must be complete and submitted electronically by the deadline, Friday, May 5, 2017, 5:00PM. Please refer to the instructions in the application for more information.
- Please send questions and completed applications to: email@example.com.
- Please mail official transcripts to: Texas DPS Foundation- 9600 Escarpment Blvd, Suite #46, Austin, TX 78749.
- Transcripts must be postmarked by Friday, May 5, 2017.
- TDPSF 2017 Scholarship Application
- 2016-2017 Scholarship Information
- The DPS Foundation is proud to announce the 2016-2017 Academic Year Scholarship Recipients. The following 10 outstanding scholarship recipients were selected from a group of 100 applicants. Each will receive a $5,000 scholarship to further their educational goals. We wish them the best of luck!
2017 Texas Law Enforcement Memorial Shooting Competition
In recognition of Police Week, on Saturday, May 20, 2017, the Texas Department of Public Safety Foundation, in partnership with the DPS, will host the 3rd Annual “Texas Law Enforcement Memorial Shooting Competition” at the DPS Tactical Training Center in Florence.
Active Texas peace officers or members of the United States military are invited to compete individually or in four-person teams in pistol and multi-gun competitions. *New this year will be the TOP Score Award for an All-DPS Team* The top scoring DPS team will be recognized and have their team commemorated as the first on this annual award.
This event is free, and family members are invited to come watch the action, have lunch, and tour the facility. Complete registration forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. For contest rules, please contact Captain Brian Baxter at (254) 793-2186.