The Texas Department of Public Safety – our state’s police force – is tasked with protecting Texas in the face of an ever-changing threat environment. More than 10,000 DPS employees – including Texas Rangers, State Troopers, Intelligence Agents, Criminal Investigators, Emergency Management and Crime Lab Personnel, and thousands of others – dedicate themselves to the DPS’s dynamic mission daily.
The Texas Department of Public Safety Foundation’s mission is to provide support to Texas Department of Public Safety personnel and their families in times of need.
Supporting the Texas Department of Public Safety in making Texas a safer place.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Texas Department of Public Safety Foundation is governed by a Board of Proud Texans committed to serving Texas’ premier law enforcement agency:
- Chair of the Board- C. Tom Clowe, Jr.
- Vice Chair- Lamar Beckworth Retired Colonel, Texas Department of Public Safety
- Vice Chair- James A. Savage, Jr. Senior Vice President Global Security, Hunt Consolidated, Inc.
- Secretary- Darrell Taylor Vice President of Loss Prevention and Security, H-E-B
- Treasurer– Carin Marcy Barth, LB Capital, Inc.
- Scott Anderson Co-Owner, Anderson Oil Ltd.
- Ernest Angelo Jr. Petroleum Engineer & Managing Partner, Discovery Exploration
- J. Kyle Bass Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Hayman Capital Management, L.P.
- Allen E. Blakemore Principal, Blakemore & Associates
- The Honorable Dan Branch Attorney & Shareholder, Winstead PC
- Ralph G. Diaz Director, Asset Protection, McLane Company, Inc.
- Mr. Tony Leal President, General Partner, Premier Protection and Investigations
- P. Scott Martin President & CEO, Black Brush Oil & Gas, L.P.
- Linda McCaul Member, Mays Family Foundation
- The Honorable Lyndon L. Olson. Jr. U.S. Ambassador to Sweden (Ret.)
- The Honorable Jerry Patterson Retired Lieutenant Colonel, USMC, Former Texas Land Commissioner
- Mr. Brett Ringle President, Remeditex Ventures
- The Honorable Todd Staples President, Texas Oil & Gas Association
- The Honorable John Steen Former Texas Secretary of State
- David M. Weeks Partner, Weeks & Co
The Texas Department of Public Safety Foundation Advisory Committee offers counsel to the Foundation:
- The Honorable John W. Fainter, Jr. Former Texas Secretary of State
- The Honorable Antonio Garza U.S. Ambassador to Mexico (Ret.), Counsel, White & Case/Mexico
- Sarita Armstrong Hixon Armstrong Ranch, Kenedy County Commissioner, Precinct 3
- Bobby R. Inman, Admiral, USN (Ret.) Professor, UT Austin
- Ronald Krist The Krist Law Firm, P.C.
- Harriet Miers Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Allan Polunsky Managing Partner, Polunsky Beitel Green, LLP
- William R. Starkey, Sr. Retired Banker/Rancher
- Bartell Zachry President, CEO, Zachry Interests, Inc.
- Colleen McHugh President
- Erika Boyd Development Director